How to change your business page name on facebook
A Facebook page can offer your followers an easy way to find your contact information, products, recent projects, and more. But if you’ve recently changed the name of your business or brand, you’ll want to make sure your Facebook page reflects that. How to change your business page name on facebook.
If you want to change your Facebook page name, there are a few stipulations and best practices you should keep in mind. For example, your name can’t include variations of the word Facebook, and it can’t be something too generic, like just “New York City.”
What Page names are allowed on Facebook?
Page names must accurately reflect the Page. Keep in mind that only authorized representatives can manage a Page for a brand, place, organization or public figure.
Page names can’t include:
Page names can’t consist only of:
How to change your Facebook page name on the Facebook website
- Go to the Facebook website and log in to your account.
- From the Facebook homepage, click Pages in the sidebar menu on the left.
- Select your page under Pages you manage on the right side.
- In the sidebar menu on the left, scroll down and click Edit Page Info.
- At the top of the page, under General, click inside the Name text box and enter a new name.
- Once you click out of the text box, a Confirm name change request pop-up will appear. Click Request Change.
You’ll then be sent notifications about the status of your name change request. Facebook notes that your request may take up to three days to process and may require additional information.
How to change your Facebook page name on the Facebook mobile app
- Open the Facebook app on your iPhone or Android.
- Tap the icon of three horizontal lines in the bottom-right corner on iPhone or in the top-right corner on Android. Select Pages on the next screen.
- Under Pages You Manage, select the page you want to change the name of.
- Tap the gear-shaped Settings icon in the top-right corner.
- On the Settings page, go to Page Info.
- In the About section at the top, tap on the Name field, type in your new page name, and hit Continue.
- Then tap Request Change.