For small businesses, recruiting is already expensive, anywhere from $1,000 to $ 5,000 per hire. Those preexisting expenses can price some companies out of using an ATS, despite how valuable they are for recruiting. Fortunately, a host of open-source or free performances of paid Applicant Tracking Software (ATS) media are available for small businesses. This software tends to be restricted in volume or scope of features. Still, the products we’ve detailed here can feed small companies’ support to find quality candidates on a minimal budget. The best free recruitment software can allow little relations to find the best candidate on smaller budgets for their team.
What to look for in small business recruiting software?
Small businesses generally don’t have trustworthy recruiters or hiring directors to attract and hire top talent. That means you and your team members are taking care of the tasks associated with hiring alongside your regular work, which is a lot of work!
According to a recent survey from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, 49% of small companies say it is hard to find nominees with the skills they need, and 42% say it is hard to compete for talent with larger businesses. Many companies also need help maintaining a clear overview of their hiring process wading through messy shared inboxes and manually updating spreadsheets.
The best-paying jobs in home furnishings include interior designers, furniture designers, and sales managers. Salaries can range from $60,000 to $100,000 or more, reflecting experience and expertise in the field.
As a small business, you’ll want to recruit software that is going to help you:
Top hiring software solutions for small businesses
Homerun was built around three principles: we help you organize your hiring workflow, collaborate with your team, and connect with candidates to make hiring more accessible, meaningful, and personal. Our software is designed for small businesses that want to attract the right talent and create a positive candidate experience while streamlining their entire hiring workflow.
- schedule interviews using email templates
- store notes about candidates and shares feedback with your team
- Set to-dos, reminders, roles, and permissions
BambooHR combines multiple systems into one HR platform for small to midsize businesses. We view this as more of an HR tool with hiring features, but if you need a mix of both, this one might be good for you!
- track and hire job applicants
- View advanced reporting on candidates and employees and access HR management tools
- onboard and offboard employees
- track employee time and PTO
Workable is a software solution that gives you access to hundreds of job boards, eSignature and offers letters, branded career pages, AI-powered sourcing capabilities, third-party integrations, reports, and self-scheduling. There’s a LOT to learn and consider here, so that you can request a guided tour with a product specialist.
- AI Recruiter, which runs a search of the best passive and existing candidates and provides a list of the top 50 instantly.
- People Search, a full Boolean search of 400+ professionals, and a Chrome extension built into the Applicant Tracking System.
- Workable Referrals, with optional rewards for each job.
Teamtailor has dubbed itself “the applicant tracking system made for all types of companies.” That means they’re aiming to please small- to enterprise-level businesses and the candidates that come into their hiring pipeline. Their recruiting software focuses on the following:
- employer branding through customized career sites
- growing your talent pool
- working as a team to manage hiring processes
Breezy (formerly called BreezyHR) offers recruiting features like branded career sites, access to over 50 job boards, automation, background screening integrations, resume parsing, and self-scheduling interviews. You can make a career page using their software or a widget to embed a branded list of open jobs on your existing career page.
- Comprehensive candidate profiles, helping you assess, contact and interview candidates
- automated workflows allowing users to send messages, questionnaires, assessments, and more
- easy integration with Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) to record new hires in your HR system (Business plan only)