Oilfield services offer different types of jobs for beginners to experience. Along with its usefulness, this field is extending and growing. With its growing industry, it is one of the pillars of the country’s economy. Those governments that are experts in oilfield services/equipment are believed to be the richest, for example, UAE. Oilfield services offer different types of jobs for beginners to experience.
We all know oil and gas are essential commodities, and many industries count on them. Hence, every business process has changed, including Oilfield services and equipment. This is why every job seeker who wishes to enter this industry should be well knowledgeable about upcoming projects and changes.
Is Oilfield Service/Equipment A Good Career path?
Oilfield services/equipment is a good career path interested in receiving employment in this industry. As we said, it is a universal platform allowing the space to examine many things. Plus, oilfield workers make lucrative money.
However, this may be a solid option if you like to be a component of this dynamic department and a fascinating career field with plenty of job profiles. You will get the best paying jobs in oilfield services/equipment that may never disappoint you to designate your foot successfully.
Best Paying Jobs In Oilfield Services/Equipment
1. Drilling Engineer
To become a drilling engineer, one must work in remote places and in office-based work. This job profile demands that travel by helicopter every day. To get this job, engineering graduates are required.
Average Salary: $75,770 per annum.
- Prepare data sheets well.
- Design and select well-head equipment.
- Monetize the daily progress of good operations.
- Monitor safety and ensure the good maintenance of the well.
2. Core Driller
Core driller is one of the best-paying jobs in oilfield services/equipment. The fascinating fact is you can do a job anywhere on earth. Core driller tolerates different motors and machines. Core driller jobs are the most profitable jobs in this industry.
Average Salary: $39,299 and $64,509 in a year.
- Records drilling progress and geological data.
- Controlled drilling action.
- Withdraws drill rod from hole and extracts core sample.
- Retrieves lost equipment from bore holes using retrieval tools and equipment.
3. Oil Tester
The oil tester levied the development process. They ensure the maintenance programs. If required, they might assist with technical audits too. They play a significant role during oil investigation at the drilling site.
Average Salary: $44,061 per year.
- Maintained and prepare oil testing equipment.
- Mobilize equipment and personnel to the site.
- Be involved in the field crew assessment program.
- Assist with ensuring that the program for the job is understood and workable.
4. Director Of Safety
Safety directors must keep all the safety in the field and practice all the security in the field and action area. They lower the chance of harm and protect all employees or workers on the oilfield.
Average Salary: $143,836 and $194,270.
- Collaborates with management to develop, prepare, and implement safety policies and procedures.
- Conducts safety inspections and audits to assess employee compliance with safety regulations.
- Stops operations and activities that could harm employees or equipment.
5. Chemical Engineer
Chemical engineer conducts a vital role in the procedure of oil tests by using proper chemicals to transform petroleum or other crude oil into valuable materials. They even work with other teams of the department or scientists to deliver the best creations and utilize the oil fully for human interest.
Average Salary: $81,068 per year.
- Coordinate and perform tests.
- Create standards and specifications for processes, facilities, products and tests.
- Perform chemical analysis and physical property testing of materials and products..
- Assist in the establishment of timelines and budgets.
How Do You Find A Job In This Industry?
Pros and Cons jobs in Oilfield services/equipment
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
The oil and gas sector is a top career field to work in. If you’re seeking a career with high pay and career improvement opportunities, working in oil and gas may be just what you’re looking for.