Food delivery apps continue to make earning simpler than ever, but if you’re tired of hopping in and out of fast food joints and restaurant chains, Caviar may be the breath of fresh air you need. This classier service will send you to higher-end spots around your city though if you’re like most drivers, whether or not you’ll get higher pay may be more of a concern. How Much Do Caviar Drivers Make in 2023?
So, how much do Caviar drivers make? Caviar is a food delivery service that focuses on connecting users to premium local restaurant. Long owned by mobile payment company Square, the platform was acquired by DoorDash the current leader in the food delivery space.
How Much Do Caviar Drivers Make?
Caviar advertises that its delivery drivers can make up to $25 per hour and surprisingly, this doesn’t seem too far off. According to user-reported data on Glassdoor, the average Caviar Courier makes about $16 per hour on the platform before tips and bonuses are factored in. It’s not uncommon for drivers to report their hourly pay jumping as high as $20-$25 every once in a while.
Even if your earnings remain at the $16 per hour average, this is still impressive for a food delivery company. As of 2022, this exceeds minimum wage in all U.S. states, even in high-wage cities like San Francisco, New York City, and Washington, D.C. This also means that you can expect to earn as much as $5 more per hour than couriers for standard food delivery services, like Grubhub, Uber Eats, Postmates, and even DoorDash.
Caviar Pay Structure
Understanding how much Caviar drivers make also requires you to know how the company breaks down courier pay. The food delivery service does not provide a flat base pay with every order like some competitors do. Instead, your earnings for each order will depend on the estimated time and effort needed to complete an order. Your location may also have a slight impact on your personal average earnings.
- Peak pay: When you drive during peak hours (usually around lunch and dinner), you’ll receive extra cash for the orders you complete. Your weekly courier newsletter will give you information about upcoming peak pay offers, so make sure to stay subscribed.
- Milestones: Sometimes, you’ll receive bonus offers called Milestones that allow you to earn extra money usually for completing a set amount of orders during a certain time and in a specific area. These are usually offered to drivers based on location and vehicle type. Some Milestones are actually stackable, which means you can earn multiple bonuses at once.
However, Caviar does not cover any job-related expenses, like gas or car maintenance costs.
What Makes Caviar Payments Unique
While Caviar drivers are like rideshare drivers in the sense that they’re independent contractors, the food delivery company does more to make payments favorable for drivers.
- Enhanced ability to choose: Drivers can see their guaranteed earnings, pick-up location, and drop-off location before they choose to accept or reject an order. You’ll even get two full minutes to make your choice.
- Possible adjustments: If you experience restaurant delays or reroutes that significantly increase your time spent on a delivery, you can contact Caviar support to have your pay adjusted.
- Parking ticket assistance: Once every 100 deliveries, Caviar may actually help you pay for any parking tickets you receive, as long as your submission fits these criteria.
How Do Caviar Payouts Occur?
Caviar Couriers can receive their payments in one of two ways: through direct deposit or through the Cash App. Caviar always sends out payments on Monday mornings, though it may take up to three days for the funds to actually show up in your account.
In most cases, delays will only occur if a bank holiday falls on a Monday, though you should still receive your funds within the week. If you have an account on Cash App Square’s financial app that allows you to store, send, and receive money for free you can actually get usable funds faster. By linking your Cash App account instead of your bank account, you’ll get paid immediately when your drop-off is complete, including your peak pay. Drivers who choose to receive traditional direct deposits in their bank accounts can expect to receive their payouts once per week.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Caviar app connects customers to local restaurant options, the Caviar Courier app is connecting drivers to food delivery opportunities that offer higher earnings. Caviar Couriers may also experience a better payout process just by choosing to link their Cash App account instead of a standard bank account.